In this modern era, you need to look fab every day whether you go to your office, party, or on a vacation. As a matter of fact, when you dress good, your confidence quotient amplifies because you feel vibrant.
However, people hardly get time to do their household chores like washing their clothes to look presentable every day. But it becomes really tough to balance their life at home and in the office. Therefore, a lot of people leverage cool technologies around to make their lives easier.
Gone are the days that you used to wash your clothes all by yourself killing your time, and well, taking away the softness of your hands. It is because washing machines are there to do the talking on your behalf by cleaning your clothes and making your lives easier.
When it comes to choosing a washing machine, many people find it tough as there is a myriad of options available for you in the market. In this guide, we will help you choose a suitable washing machine for you by introducing some of the finest products available in the Indian market today.
While it was a rather tough decision to make between some leading brands using the coolest technologies in their washing machines, we recommend a few products that can be the perfect choice for you.
You can go for Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine- WAK24268IN which is customized as per the Indian demographic. It has eco perfect and speed perfect options for conserving energy and water, and has high durability and performance.
The next option you can go for is IFB 8 KG Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine which has great capacity, Wash & Care Program, Tube clean feature to protect your clothes and many other fantastic features. The next product is Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine- WAK20160IN offers 700 RPMs, fast spinning and drying, 8 wash programs, and other features.
Read in details about all these products in the subsequent sections to find out more.
But this is not it; we have so many other options available for you aside from the above-mentioned products. You can go for a washing machine that you find suitable as per your needs and preference. And to help you with it explore how to choose a decent washing machine. So, let’s get started!
How to choose a decent washing machine?
When choosing a washing machine, there are certain factors that you need to consider. It is because every now and then new technologies surpass older ones with cool and impressive features that add to your further convenience. So, let us discuss some of these aspects before you buy a washing machine according to your needs.
The first and foremost thing that you need to consider while choosing a washing machine for you is the capacity it offers. If you choose the right capacity of the washing machine, it can save you a lot from repeated wash cycles to save your precious time. In addition, it can also save electricity to a certain extent as well as extend its life so that you can use it for longer times.
So, decide the machine based on the number of your family members as well as the cloth load you would like to wash in a cycle. To help you with this, let’s understand how can you estimate what capacity of washing machine you need.
For bachelors or couples, you can go for a washing machine with a capacity of 5 kg or less than that. If you have a small family consisting of 3 to 4 members, you can go for the capacity of 5 to 7 kg. But, if you have a large family, consider choosing a washing machine with a capacity of 8 kg or more.
Top Load or Front Load
Fully automatic washing machines are divided into two types, namely, front loading and top loading. Top loading washing machines are famous in India as compared to front load washing machines as they are budget-friendly. However, front-loading washing machines are also gathering fame due to additional advantages offered by them even though being expensive.
Top load washing machines
So, if you are looking for a budget washing machine, you can go for top-loading ones. They are available around price ranges of INR 7,000 to 17,000.
The advantages that top-loading washing machines offer are:
- It allows adding more clothes during wash cycles
- Ergonomically designed. It is good for people with problem bending down while picking up things.
- Needs less space
- Vibrates less
Disadvantages of Top load washing machines:
- It consumes lots of water and electricity
- Cleaning is not superb
- Lesser wash programs and features
Front-load washing machines
Front-load washing machines; on the other hand, are advanced with so many plus points in them except the expense.
The advantages of this type of washing machines are:
- Consumes less electricity and water
- Faster speed of rotation
- Lesser drying time
- Gentle for cleaning delicate clothes as it uses tumbling action
- Nice wash quality
- More wash programs and features
The disadvantages of Front-load washing machines:
- Long wash cycles
- You can’t add clothes during wash cycles, in general. But nowadays some manufacturers such as Bosch, IFB, Samsung, etc. equip their washing machines with this feature.
So, for those having a large family or with kids soiling their clothes rapidly, go for Front-load washing machines to save water and power and for greater cloth care. For bachelors and small families, top load washing machines can suffice.
Automatic vs. Semi-automatic
If you are thinking to buy a top load washing machine, you will get two options to choose from, namely, automatic and semi-automatic washing machines.
Semi-automatic washing machines: You can buy these budget-friendly machines in Indian markets starting at price ranges of INR 7,000-15,000. In these types of machines, you need to transfer your clothes manually to its dryer tub. They are available in various capacity ranges from 608 kg based on your requirements.
These machines do not require water supply continuously and are wider because of having separate dryer and washer. You can get machines from popular brands like Whirlpool, LG, Samsung and more.
Automatic washing machines: In automatic washing machines, you do not need to transfer your clothes to its dryer tub manually. It is because they have single drums where both drying and washing is done. They are also budget-friendly but are somewhat costly than a semi-automatic. You can easily buy these machines in the price range of around INR 10,000-20,000.
Additionally, Automatic washing machines also have a greater number of wash programs than semi-automatic ones. Here, the water supply needs to be continuous for the machine’s efficient working. You can get machines from popular brands like Whirlpool, LG, Samsung, Haier, EFB, etc.
Therefore, choose the one that works for you. If you live in a place where power supply is not regular and you want to settle for a less price, you can choose semi-automatic. But, if the power supply is not the constraint for you, then you should go for an automatic washing machine for greater convenience.
As every family has its own needs and preferences, you need to check the wash programs of the washing machine that you are going to buy. Different machines offer a different number of wash programs and, so choose the one based on your requirements of wash programs.
For example, you can find wash programs such as delay setting of 24-hours that might be useful for a family where both wife and husband are working professionals. Other wash programs like Monsoon setting that you can find in Bosch and IFB is good if you live in a heavy monsoon region as the program can remove damp cloth odour and dries them better.
Hence, consider the different kinds of wash programs available in the washing machine along with other features that might be useful for you. Select the one that can fulfil your needs and falls under your budget.
Temperature Control Settings
Temperature control settings are useful when you need to disinfect your clothes regularly due to immunity issues or if small babies are there at your home. Many top load washing machines are not equipped with this setting, instead, they have separate inlet piper each for cold and hot water.
If you to have temperature control settings in your washing machine, then look for brands that can provide you with this feature. For example, Bosch offers temperature control settings that can be adjusted from cold to 60 degrees, whereas IFB and LG can be increased to 90 degrees.
So, choose the best deal based on your need for hot water along with the aligning price.
Now, you have some idea on how to choose a washing machine for you based on your requirements. Think about the cloth loading depending upon the number of family member you need the machine for, capacity, automatic or semi-automatic, top or front loading, features and wash programs and temperature control setting when choosing a washing machine.
Let’s move on and find what the top washing machines that we recommend for you are to give you a better picture. After going through these recommendations, your confusions would be clear and it will help you make the right choice. So, let’s get started!
|Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK24268IN)||7 kg||Fully Automatic||Front||1200||2 years||4.5|
|IFB 8 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senator Aqua SX)||8 kg||Fully Automatic||Front||1400||4 years||4.2|
|Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK20160IN)||7 kg||Fully Automatic||Front||700||2 years||4.2|
|IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senorita Aqua SX)||6.5 kg||Fully Automatic||Front||1000||4 years||4.1|
|LG 6 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH0FANDNL02)||6 kg||Fully Automatic||Front||1000||2 years||4.1|
|Whirlpool 7 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (360 Boom Wash)||7 kg||Fully Automatic||Top||740||2 years||4.0|
Best Washing Machines in India in 2020
#1. Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK24268IN)
Capacity: 7 kg | Type: Fully Automatic | Loading: Front | RPM: 1200 | Warranty: 2 years |
+ Superb wash quality
+ Robust Build
+ Excellent features for added convenience
+ Saves water, energy, and time, thus, saving money
+ Responsive customer service
– No option for changing water temperature manually
– Expensive spare parts
This washing machine from Bosch is indeed one of the best and popular washing machines you can find in the market. This technology miracle can make your life easier by giving rest to your hands and saving your precious time.
In fact, Bosch is one of the best brands available for washing machines in India. The company manufactures both top load and front load washing machines that are available in India. These washing machines are widely famous for their superb build quality along with excellent features as well as a varied range of wash cycles.
The 7 kg washing machine is ideal for a small family of 3-4 members and its drum is made up of stainless steel and offers maximum RPM of 1200. It can be your ideal wash companion due to its high performance, thereby, making your washing experience an enjoyable one.
Look at those features!
- This washing machine has so many impressive features especially for Indian customers such as monsoon wash, sari wash, etc.
- Monsoon wash can be useful for you if you live in a place with moist weather by removing odour from your wet clothes. To optimize water use, it can detect the laundry load automatically.
- It has speed perfect feature to reduce wash cycle time up to 65 per cent without affecting wash quality.
- Quick wash option lets you wash your lightly soiled laundry quickly in 15 minutes.
- It has delay wash cycle features to delay the wash cycles, as the name suggests, for up to 24-hours.
- It has an inbuilt feature for volt check to protect the machine from fluctuations in power supply. If power loss happens in the mid-wash, the machine is capable of starting the wash cycle.
- Active Water option to save water by adjusting water levels automatically with the help of various load sensors that can sense laundry fabric and load.
- Anti-vibration designing that reduces vibrations as well as ensures more stability.
- Child Lock option to lock all features, thus, preventing children from playing with the settings.
So, the Bosch-WAK24268IN 7 kg fully automatic front load washing machine is one of the best choices if you are looking for a superb wash quality machine adorned with cool features.
#2. IFB 8 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senator Aqua SX)
Capacity: 8 kg | Type: Fully Automatic | Loading: Front | RPM: 1400 | Warranty: 4 years |
+ High RPM to ensure better drying
+ Fabric softener can be added
+ Possible to wash blankets
+ Can work with a low-pressure water supply
+ Saves water and electricity
– Requires specific-sized tap during installation
– Weak after-sales customer service
IFB’s Senator Aqua SX 8 kg washing machine has cool features and superior wash quality that you are yearning for. In fact, IFB is also one of the best washing machine brands that you can buy in India. It has exceptional control options that can deliver you a happy washing experience.
This machine is good for small and medium-sized families of 4-5 members to take away all your hardships and time to clean all those laundries. It has a stainless steel drum with a unique design of crescent moon preventing cloth rubbing against the drum.
Look at those features!
- Innovative Air Bubble Wash System equipped in the machine can create as well release air bubbles so as to ensure thorough cleaning. It is because these tiny air bubbles can penetrate into cloth layers to fight stubborn stains and wash them off.
- Aqua Energie is the feature that this machine is endowed with to treat hard water by converting bicarbonates present in the water into tiny crystals, thus, softening the water so that detergent can dissolve in it properly.
- 3D Wash System equipped in the machine uses nozzles for circulating water all around the drum to provide deep cleaning.
- Crescent moon drum used in the machine curves water inside the drum in a swooshing pattern to prevent clothes from rubbing against machine’s steel drum.
- Foam-Control System ensures better wash quality by detecting foam generation in an excessive amount and then diluting it so as to deliver better washing experience.
- You can add clothes during a wash cycle after you press the pause button.
- Tub Clean is a feature used in the machine that discourages bacterial growth by discarding water impurities.
- Cradle Wash is a technology used that can give your delicate clothes a gentle and soft wash by restricting the drum’s full motion.
- It has an LCD panel that is user-friendly and helps you in programming wash cycles with comfort.
- Time Delay is a feature offered by the machine that allows cloth soaking in 30-24 minutes.
- It has a varied range of wash programs such as Wash & Care, heavily soiled cotton, normally soiled cotton, daily wash, lingerie, program repeat, silk special, curtains, mixed fabric, and so on.
So, with this awesome Senator Aqua SX, 8 kg fully automatic front load washing machine from IFB is one of the best in the market comes at a reasonable price. All these smart technologies inside this machine to give your hands and your clothes a soft touch is totally worth it!
#3. Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK20160IN)
Capacity: 7 kg | Type: Fully Automatic | Loading: Front | RPM: 700 | Warranty: 2 Years |
+ Gentle Cleaning
+ Robust Build
+ 8 Wash programs to take care of the fabrics
+ Saves water and energy
+ Responsive customer service
– No option for changing water temperature manually
– Expensive spare parts
If you are finding a sturdy washing machine which is also very gentle from inside while washing your clothes, Bosch-WAK20160IN 7 kg fully automatic front loading washing, the machine is the one for you.
Yes, another Bosch product comes into the list because of its durability and great washing quality that you can expect from the brands l8ike Bosch. This model is very similar to that of Bosch-WAK24268IN which also has the same capacity. But there are some minor changes in their features such as RPM which in this model is 700. You are also getting 2 years of warranty on this washing machine and it is a great option for you if you have a small or a medium-sized family.
Look at those features!
Similar to its other version as explained above, this model also has some of the coolest features that are rare to find in other brands. Check out what are all those features:
- This machine is fully automatic and front-loading so no matter if you stand or sit you can add clothes as per your convenience.
- Its great capacity of 7 kg is good for small to medium-sized families.
- This machine comes with a 2-year warranty, thus, you can rely on it.
- Its RPM is 700 that means both the spinning and drying time becomes a way faster than other washing machines.
- With a special feature of Quick 15 and Super 15, you can clean your clothes that are lightly soiled in 15 minutes. As a result, you can get your laundry cleaned 65% faster as compared to other machines.
- It offers 8 wash programs, thus, you can use them according to your requirements and rest assured your clothes are perfectly safe from any kind of damage.
So, you now have the information about this product that can transform your washing experience by helping you save you time and yes, water. With this machine, you can protect your clothes and its fabric from damage as well as the machine itself. Thus, you can go for this awesome washing machine if you have any second thought about the above two models.
#4. IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senorita Aqua SX)
Capacity: 6.5 | Type: Fully Automatic | Loading: Front | RPM: 1000 | Warranty: 4 Years | 100 Wash Programs
+ Ideal for bachelors or small families
+ A wide range of wash programs
+ Can be used with hard water
+ 100 wash programs
+ Temperature control setting
– Cannot fit into different kinds of taps
– Delay in installation
Senorita Aqua SX of IFB is another one in the list from the same brand. It is one of the best washing machines that people love here in India. The exquisite grey and silver colour of this machine adds a dramatic look to your house other than just being so useful.
This washing machine is good for small families or bachelors as it has a capacity of 6.5 kg and is equipped with some of the coolest features that you can expect from IFB. The unique selling point or USP of this machine is 100 wash programs that it offers to clean almost every kind of fabric and wash off those stubborn stains.
Look at those features!
Let’s find out what features this model offers:
- LED display of 7 segments super user-friendly for Indian homes
- The mechanism to convert hard water into soft for better wash quality
- 3D Wash System is equipped in the model that uses a water spray system in order to create an impactful 360-degree current inside the drum. It results in dissolving detergents thoroughly during rinsing to wipe out dirt away efficiently.
- Aqua Energie feature with an aqua filter for treating hard water. In this system, bicarbonates present in hard water get converted into tiny crystals flowing freely with wastewater.
- Cradle Wash System protects your delicate clothes like silk, laces, chiffon, and so on and is best suited for lighter loads.
- The crescent moon designed drum of this washing machine can absorb hard hits when the tumbling process is going on. Hence, your clothes can be cleansed deeply yet with care.
- Foam-Control System is equipped in the machine for maintaining wash quality by sensing foam generation and then diluting it.
- Auto Imbalance is yet another unique feature of this washing machine that enables even cloth distribution during wash cycles.
- Ball Valve Technology is equipped in the machine for preventing water wastage.
- Child Lock System is installed in it to prevent children from tapering the settings.
- 100 wash programs for baby wear, stains 60, express 15, stains 60, mixed fabrics, hand wash or wool, cotton and delicate.
- Lower drying time due to higher RPM of 1000.
- You can set the temperature of water in this washing machine from cold to even 95 degrees. Hence, you can maintain hygiene as well as cleanliness of all your clothes especially baby clothes, bath towels, bedsheets, and so on.
- Laundry Add Feature so that you can add clothes during wash cycles after pressing ‘pause’ button.
- Time Delay option from 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Express 15 that enable washing your clothes quickly within 15 minutes.
So, you can see a bunch of features available in this model, especially if have a hard water supply at your home, you can go for this model.
#5. LG 6 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH0FANDNL02)
Capacity: 6 kg| Type: Fully Automatic | Loading: Front | RPM: 1000 | Warranty: 2 Years |
+ Direct Drive Technology to reduce vibration and maintenance cost
+ 6-motion technology that can wash away stubborn stains
+ Water heater for hygienic wash
+ Rat Mesh
+ Inverter control
+ Responsive customer care
– Auto-restart cannot work during Child Lock
This LG 6 kg inverter washing machine is the one for you if you are a bachelor or have a small family. Apart from exciting features, it also has an inbuilt heater and inverter motor.
Washing machines from LG are designed to meet the needs of future requirements. For example, this model utilizes 6-motion technology where the drum moves in different directions in order to get rid of even the most stubborn stains.
In addition, this machine uses Direct Drive Technology with no belt and pulley involvement. Hence, it reduces noise and vibration while saving big bucks on maintenance.
Look at those features!
- A seamlessly designed touch panel is foolproof and waterproof enabling you to function it even with your wet fingers
- Auto-restart function enables the machines to restart right from where it stopped in case of a power cut.
- The in-built water heater can heat water to the temperature of maximum 60 degrees to wash off allergens and stains.
- SmartThinQ app can help you detect and troubleshoot any issue with the washing machine. This app is capable of detecting a maximum of 86 errors.
- The drum is made up of stainless steel for greater durability.
- Child lock feature prevents your children from tampering with the settings.
- Tub Clean feature can heat water to maximum 85 degrees so as to remove soap residue and dirt from the washing machine.
So, you get the durability and reliability from LG which is widely accepted in India. I addition, you get new-gen technologies and features that can serve all your needs. Therefore, this machine can be your ideal choice.
#6. Whirlpool 7 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (360 Boom Wash)
Capacity: 7 kg | Type: Fully Automatic | Loading: Top | RPM: 740 | Warranty: 2 Years | 360-degree Boom-wash technology
+ Superb wash quality
+ Built-in heater
+ 6th sense Tumble technology for a better washing experience
+ Lint filter for eliminating lint
– Top loading to consume more water and electricity
– No hot water washing
This Whirlpool 7 kg fully automatic washing machine is the best one for you if you are looking for top-loading machine machines. The innovative built-in tumble technology can set your clothes in a 360-degree tumbling motion. As a result, you will get clean and hygienic clothes.
So, if you are a small to medium-sized family, you can go for it to meet the needs of your family with this machine with 7 kg capacity.
Look at those features!
- 360-degree Bloom-wash Ultra-7 Technology can provide deeper cleaning with care.
- The company provides you with 2 years of warranty on the machine and 10 years of warranty on its prime mover.
- A built-in heater can remove 50 different kinds of stubborn stains to deliver allergen-free clothes.
- 6th sense Tumble Technology to sense the load and then adjust its motion accordingly to provide best superbly clean clothes
- 4 different drying processes can provide 20% greater efficiency in drying.
- Dynamix Technology to ensure proper detergent mixing
- Smart sensors detect water level and voltage level
- Automatic lint removal to provide happy washing experience
Whirlpool has been a famous brand among Indian families for electrical appliances like refrigerator and washing machine. And now, if the company is providing the coolest features then why not grab one for you. This decent capacity of 7 kg washing machine can serve you well if you have a small to medium-sized family.
Now that you have some idea about how to choose your washing machine along with some in-depth knowledge on some of the best products available in the market, let’s move on to find more!
To help you find the ideal washing machine for you, we have narrowed down your search with some of the bonus points as explained below. These pints would help you find your desired machine by comparing it against various parameters. So, let’s find out what they are.
Which brand is best for washing machine in India?
When choosing a washing machine, the first thing that might have stuck your head is to choose the brand at first place. At present, there are so many brands that are providing durable and feature-rich washing machines including LG, Whirlpool, Samsung, Bosch, IFB, and so on.
But yes, you need to look at your requirements and budget while choosing the brand. It is because if you do not require all the features, why to pay for it, right? So, decide as per your feature requirements, capacity, and budget.
However, in this guide, we recommend Bosch to be the best due to its exceptional build, high-end technology, and superb cleaning which is the prime goal of buying a washing machine at the first place.
Is 6 kg washing machine enough?
Well, the capacity depends upon the cloth loading. And you can determine cloth loading by the number of people for whom the washing machine is for. A 6 kg washing machine is best for bachelors and small families consisting of 1-3 members. So, if you are a bachelor or have a small family, a 6kg washing machine would suffice for you.
Best Fully Automatic Washing Machine in India
You already know the advantages of fully automatic washing machines as mentioned in the above-mentioned sections. So, if you have made up your mind to buy fully-automatic washing machines, you get plenty of options available in various ranges. You can go for Bosch-WAK24268IN 7 kg Front loading washing machine because of its high performance, super washing quality, and innovative technologies used. And if you want more features, you can go for IFB Senator SX 8 kg fully automatic washing machines.
Best Front Load Washing Machine in India
If you are searching for front load washing machines, you again have plenty of options available. It can save water as well as electricity to save a lot of your money. For this, you can go for again Bosch-WAK24268IN 7 kg Front loading washing machine. Similarly, if you want added features, you can choose IFB’s washing machines of 8 kg or 6.5 kg variants.
Best Top Load Washing Machine in India
When you are searching for top-loading washing machines, the ideal choice for you would be Whirlpool 7 kg fully-automatic top-loading washing machine with 360-degree boom wash technology. This brand never ceases to amaze with its durable and cool features in affordable pricing. The other option for top loading would be IFB’s 8 kg RDW fully automatic washing mach9ine that is available under INR 20,000.
1. Which is better- top loading or front loading washing machines?
Answer: As front loading washing machines require less water plus are energy efficient as compared to top-loading washing machines, it is a better option for you if you do not price constraints.
On the contrary, if you have budget-constraints and do not need more features, you can settle for a top-loading washing machine that can serve your basic requirements of cleaning your clothes.
2. How much quantity of detergent is required?
Answer: The quantity of detergent that you would need to wash your clothes in the washing machine depends on the nature of your clothes along with their condition. When you are using detergent more than what is required, you can detect it by noticing the soap residues remaining on your clothes even after washing them. In such cases, reduce the quantity and see what is the result. Subsequently, you wi;l understand how much detergent you need to use.
3. Powder or liquid, which type of detergent is better?
Answer: Liquid detergent can be your better option because it can dissolve easily in the water as compared to powder. As a result, there would be no soap residue on your clothes to make them sticky. Therefore, it is preferable for you to choose a liquid detergent.
In this rapidly modernizing world, when you can easily wash your clothes with a washing machine, why to waste your precious time? Besides, they no longer remain luxury appliances, rather a need. For working professionals and even for homemakers, washing machines can give them rest so that they can spend time on other productive activities.
And when you are going to buy a washing machine, you get confused with so many options and technologies and it becomes hard to choose one of them. Therefore, people now take time to understand the technologies and features to bring the best value for their money. This guide can help you choose the perfect machine with the above-mentioned information.
While it was a neck-to-neck competition between Bosch-WAK24268IN 7 kg Front loading washing machine and IFB Senator SX 8 kg fully automatic washing machine, the winner is Bosch-WAK24268IN 7 kg Front loading washing machine due to its high-performance, robust build, superb wash quality, and many more cool features that can help you save water, electricity, and thus, money. It is perfect choice for small to medium-sized Indian families as it has a decent capacity of 7 kg and a high RPM of 1200 so that your clothes can dry sooner. Not to mention, the company also provides 2 years of warranty on this product and the customer service of Bosch is simply awesome.
However, the rest depends on you because you are the one buying it. So, choose the one after taking deep consideration on the aspects as mentioned in the previous sections to choose a washing machine. When you have deeply understood the essential things, you can now make your choice depending upon your requirements. Think about what features you would like to have in your washing machine by assessing your needs and then choose the machine with the feature you require. Also, think about the cloth load along with the budget so that you can find the right washing machine for you.